Visiting/Sessional Lecturer in Psychology of Food Choice
Harper Adams University – Food, Land & Agribusiness Management
|Salary:||£38.89 per hour|
|Placed On:||6th September 2021|
|Closes:||30th October 2021|
Location: Newport, Shropshire
Opening Date: 6 September 2001
Closing Date: 30 October 2021
Harper Adams University is an award-winning institution, consistently positioned highly in a range of national ratings, performance measures and league tables. We have been the highest performing modern university in The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide for the last five years.
With a long and prestigious track record in the delivery of undergraduate teaching to the food and agribusiness sectors, the newly-formed Food Land and Agribusiness Management Department, working alongside the School of Sustainable Food and Farming, has identified new opportunities for sessional/ visiting lecturers to enhance our teaching provision.
We are looking to recruit enthusiastic and motivated individuals to support our academic team. Ideally you can offer us expertise and experience of teaching in a subject area related to Psychology of Food choice, explicitly;
- The context and influences on food choice, food acceptance and food consumption
- the social and environmental factors that influence food choices and affect the process of dietary change
- the psychological/emotional responses to foods evident in everyday experiences
Specific duties include:
- Deliver/Facilitate subject specific sessions in line with the LOs and syllabuses of respective modules.
- Deploy assessments appropriately as set out by the assessment team.
- Support students with timely formative feedback
- Maintain VLE (Moodle) in accordance with current Learning & Teaching Frameworks
- Mark and provide summative feedback within the prescribed deadline
- Keep up-to-date in subject specific development and enabling such discussions by students in class.
For further information about the University or to see full job description, please visit our website at www.harper-adams.ac.uk
Applications are welcomed by CV and covering letter from those interested in teaching on a part-time basis via email to email@example.com by midnight on 30 October 2021