Teacher – Land and Animal Science (Part Time) (LCC2901)
Luminate Education Group
|Salary:||£26,881 to £29,367 per annum, pro rata|
|Placed On:||31st August 2021|
|Closes:||15th September 2021|
** COVID-19 INFORMATION: Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic you may experience some delays during the recruitment process. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause. **
Luminate Education Group consists of; Harrogate College (HC), Keighley College (KC), Leeds City College (LCC), Leeds Conservatoire (LC) and White Rose Academies Trust (WRAT). Luminate Education Group is one of the fastest improving and most innovative education groups in the country.
Working hours is 29.6
WHAT WE DO
The School of Land and Animal Science is a growing and aspirational department based at Temple Newsam in Leeds, the department has been self assessed as outstanding for the last 2 years. Our team consists of a Head of Department, Programme manager, Teachers, learning support assistants (LSA), pastoral coach and Technicians. Our team work to support our learners to achieve their full potential and achieve their vocational qualifications. We are looking for a teacher to join our team, the successful candidate will deliver theory and practical sessions on site at Temple Newsam, there will also be some requirement to teach at our Printworks campus. This role is currently advertised at a 0.8 however there maybe an opportunity to increase these hours in the future.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
Main tasks may include but are not limited to: –
- Preparation and delivery of theory and practical sessions
- Undertaking assessments
- Marking learner work and providing timely feedback
- Attending departmental meetings
- Be responsible for recording learner progress
- This role includes responsibility for a tutor group
- You should hold a level 5 qualification in a relevant subject
- You should have a teaching qualification
- You should hold an assessor/internal verifier qualification or be willing to work towards it.
- You should have knowledge and experience within the land based sector.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT LEEDS CITY COLLEGE
Leeds City College is part of the Luminate Education Group, and is one of the UK’s largest FE establishments with around 1,440 employees and over 22,560 students. We offer a curriculum as diverse as our students within a vibrant and multicultural learning environment. Our goal is to deliver excellent and innovative education which supports and inspires every student to achieve their ambitions.
BENEFITS & REWARDS
We have a range of excellent benefits and rewards at Leeds City College, including:
- Annual leave entitlement starting from 27 days + 8 bank holidays and up to 5 discretionary college closure days at Christmas
- Excellent pension schemes with the West Yorkshire Pension Fund and the Teachers’ Pension
- Discounted travel cards for those who regularly use public transport across the region with Northern Rail and Metro
- Exceptional learning and development opportunities for all of our staff
You can read about these benefits, and others in more detail by downloading the Staff Benefits document attached to this vacancy.
Luminate Education Group is committed to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All successful applicants are required to complete all mandatory pre-employment checks, including:
- Proof of right to work in the UK
- Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Services (DBS) check
- Children’s barred list check (we may also check the adult barred list if the role involves working with vulnerable adults)
- Two professional references
- Fitness to work, this is conducted by our occupational health partners, NHS Airedale
- Section 128 check for all staff entering management roles
- Prohibition check for all staff entering teaching related roles
Please Note: All successful applicants who have lived or travelled overseas for three months or more in the past five years will be required to undertake an overseas check as part of the pre-employment checks.
More information on overseas checks can be found on the government website: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/criminal-records-checks-for-overseas-applicants
All offers of employment are subject to satisfactory pre-employment checks.
RIGHT TO WORK IN THE UK
The UK Government introduced a new points based immigration system on 1 January 2021. You can read about the new immigration routes on the Gov.UK website here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/new-immigration-system-what-you-need-to-know#visa-application-process
Many of the new routes require sponsorship from an employer. Luminate Education Group is not a licenced sponsor. We are unable to employ anyone without current, and appropriate right to work in the UK.
If you are an EU, EEA or Swiss citizen and you were resident in the UK on or before 31 December 2020, you have until 30 June 2021 to apply to the EU Settlement Scheme, you can continue to prove your right to work in the UK with your passport and identity card up until 30 June 2021.
There is no change to immigration and right to work for British and Irish Citizens.
EQUALITY, DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
We positively welcome applications from all sections of the community, all candidates will be treated fairly irrespective of race, gender or gender identity, disability, sexual orientation, religion and belief or age.
WANT TO FIND OUT MORE?
For more information about the role please contact:
Jack Anderson Jack.Anderson@leedscitycollege.ac.uk
We cannot accept CVs as part of the application process.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive, we are unable to respond to every applicant. If you have not heard from us within four weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
INFORMATION FOR RECRUITMENT AGENCIES
Luminate Education Group vacancies generate a lot of interest and we receive many calls and emails from recruitment agencies. Although we do appreciate the interest you have shown in Luminate Education Group, our policy is to recruit candidates directly wherever possible. We therefore do not accept any cold calls, speculative emails or CVs from agencies. Speculative emails and CVs will be deleted unread.