We are looking for Production Team Members to join our Oshawa Facility.
As an integral part of the General Motors Oshawa Assembly team, you will perform multiple hands-on tasks associated with vehicle production in our fast-paced manufacturing environment. You are a motivated and self-disciplined team player who shares our core values: Customers, Relationships, Excellence and Seek Truth , and you are able to function in a manufacturing team environment where Global Manufacturing System (GMS) principles are highly integrated.
Additional Job Description
Please read the following requirements for the Team Member position to ensure you are prepared to meet these expectations.
- Willing and able to work 2-week rotating shifts
- Production Saturdays may be required as part of a typical schedule.
- An exemplary level of safety awareness and compliance. Understand, support and execute all work in safe manner and comply with a culture that promotes safety as its overriding priority
- Ability to read, interpret and adhere to documents such as safety rules, standard operating procedures, work instructions, procedure manuals, and policies.
- Report for work on time to support production startup and throughput goals
Interested individuals must meet the following minimum qualifications:
- Must be able to satisfactorily complete the General Motors hiring process requirements which include a comprehensive assessment and background check.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Eligible to work in Canada.
Physical Demands of the Job:
- Perform bench, floor or conveyor assembly work, usually of short cycle duration, and involving standardized work elements. Must be able to comprehend and follow written work instructions.
- Work may involve using hand positioning, assist devices such as hoists, and power tools or other equipment.
What Else You Need To Know:
- We are a Unifor represented workplace
- We offer competitive wage rates, pensions and benefits
We would like to thank all candidates for expressing interest however; only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Pre-employment screening will be required.
General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.
We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Accommodation is available for applicants with disabilities. Should you be contacted by General Motors of Canada, please advise if you require accommodation. General Motors of Canada values diversity and is an equal opportunity employer.